Saint Mark's Episcopal Church
18 Thomas Street (at Warren)
Charleston, SC 29403
Saint Mark's Church was organized as an independent parish on Easter Day 1865 by a group of devout free Black Episcopalians who found themselves without a place to worship at the end of the Civil War. In 1965, after 100 years of attempted petitions to become a member of the Diocese of South Carolina, we were accepted into the Diocese Convention of South Carolina. We are currently a member of The Episcopal Church in South Carolina.
Saint Mark's is an open, active, multi-racial community that welcomes all Christians to full participation without regard to gender, sexual orientation, disability, race or cultural heritage.
We are committed to live and grow in the gospel of Jesus Christ as we reach out, teach, serve and support our parish family and the community in which we live and to share in the joy of seeing Christ in all.
We believe in the call of Jesus to love all people with the same unconditional acceptance with which he loves us.