CHARLESTON HISTORIC
EPISCOPAL CHURCH 

Saint Mark's Church was organized as an independent parish on Easter Day 1865 by a group of devout free Black Episcopalians who found themselves without a place to worship at the end of the Civil War. In 1965, after 100 years of attempted petitions to become a member of the Diocese of South Carolina, we were accepted into the Diocese Convention of South Carolina. We are currently a member of The Episcopal Church in South Carolina.